Zuckerberg trolls Musk over ‘cage fight’

9 months ago 100

The Meta CEO said he is ready to fight “today” and mocked his opponent's proposal to livestream the battle on X

Mark Zuckerberg has said he is ready to fight Elon Musk, but doubts his tech billionaire rival will actually go through with it. 

“I am ready today,” the Meta boss posted on his social media platform Threads on Sunday, “but not holding my breath,” adding that his proposed date, August 26, has never been confirmed.

The remarks come in response to a tweet from the X (formerly Twitter) owner on Sunday morning, announcing that he was training for battle. “Am lifting weights throughout the day, preparing for the fight,” Elon Musk wrote

In a tweet later the same day, the tycoon, who also owns Tesla and SpaceX, claimed that “Zuck v Musk fight will be live-streamed on X with all proceeds going to charity for veterans.” Zuckerberg was skeptical over the idea, suggesting “a more reliable platform that can actually raise money.”

Read more
Undefeated Russian UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov MMA star Khabib refuses offer from Musk – TASS

The much-anticipated “cage match” was first suggested in June, when Musk and Zuckerberg were trading barbs on social media, over the Facebook founder's plan to launch a rival to Twitter. The Vegas Octagon arena, which hosts UFC fights, was suggested as a venue. 

Musk has seemed serious in his intention to fight his nemesis, allegedly appealing earlier this month to former UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov for help with training, but was reportedly turned down. Elon Musk’s mother tried canceling the bout, asking people to stop encouraging her son to fight the Meta CEO.

Read Entire Article